HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
As a Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer’s baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work.
Seasonal Ready Reserve Baggage Handler/Ramp Operators work between 150 and 1,400 hours per year. Work tasks include bending, stooping and twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags in addition to working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period of time in the aircraft bins.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
· Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircrafts from the gate positions.
· Safeguard cargo, baggage and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
· Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
· Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and ensuring each bag reaches its destination.
· Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger’s destination.
· Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
· High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
· Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
· Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
· Have valid driver’s license
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment background check, including finger printing and a criminal history record check required by federal law
· Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test
· Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
· Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
· Pass a physical ability test
· Be authorized to work in the US
· Possess basic computer skills
· Have strong verbal communication skills
· Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
To apply for this job please visit delta.avature.net.