Part time, daytime, baking position available; must be available weekends. Note additional hours will be needed for training.
• Preparation of all baked items made on premise – breads, rolls, English muffins, cupcakes, biscotti, cookies etc. – including dough and batter preparation, baking and frosting, according to recipes, yields, quality and time standards
• Clean-as-you-go work style for working coolers, prep tables, stoves and ovens
• Stock bakery case
• Fill wholesale orders accurately and timely
• Identify and communicate ingredients and supplies to be ordered
• Overall organization and daily cleaning of bakery kitchen
• Minimum one year commercial baking experience
• Food Sanitation Certified
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good verbal communication and teaming skills
• Ability to carry up to 15 lbs up stairs
• Previous work experience exemplifying punctuality and flexibility, cost concern and safe food handling
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or come by and complete an application from Monday-Friday 9am to 2pm.
WHO ARE WE:
Southport Grocery and Cafe is boutique grocery and café serving breakfast and lunch. All menu items are made from scratch including preserving such as fruit preserves, mustards, fermented vegetable, soda syrup, pickles. Our food style reflects our tag line ‘modern, simple and fun ‘ focusing on season, local and cross marketing with the grocery.