Now open in Greenpoint, Sereneco is an all-day, New American Restaurant in a light-filled, welcoming space. Our nourishing, vegetable-forward, seasonal-inspired menu is designed to bring out the very essence of every ingredient, while our space focuses on life’s simple pleasures—natural finishes, abundant space and light, and harmonious design. We are looking for talented COOKS to join our team!
Please apply directly to this post and include your resume as an attachment.
Cooks prepare and/or direct the preparation of served food while complying with sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards. Cooks must adhere to established food production programs and procedures.
– Following and complying with recipes and instructions in accordance with the restaurant’s standard, and Department of Health regulations
– Storing food properly and safely with appropriate labels
– Performing duties as required or assigned by Executive Chef
– Tasting all of the mise en place!
– Working under pressure and calmly following directions
– 1-2 years of kitchen experience in a similar role
– Degree from a culinary arts training program preferred
– Good knife and communication skills
– Willingness to learn and grow with the team!
Sereneco is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Sereneco also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Sereneco’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org