Full Job Description
$500 Sign-on Bonus*
Join our CITY family and work for a company that is focused on caring for its Associates and customers, and who is consistently rated over a 4.0 on Glassdoor.
City Furniture is hiring Warehouse Associates for our new Miami Distribution Center expected to open in EARLY JUNE! (4350 NW 215th Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33055.) APPLY NOW! Candidates hired for our Miami Distribution Center will train and work out of our Tamarac Distribution Center from now until early June 2021.
We will provide a $300 commute incentive every 6 weeks for candidates who commute to Tamarac for work while our new Distribution Center opens in Miami. *Some restrictions may apply.*
We are looking for full-time Overnight Warehouse Associates who are energetic, reliable, and safe. Our Overnight Warehouse Associates must be able to lift 75+ pounds and pull and stage product utilizing proper material handling techniques and equipment.
- Competitive Pay
- Starting pay at $17 per hour
- Plus, performance bonuses
- Full time – 40 hours/week, plus overtime hours available based on business demand
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package (Health, Vision, Dental, etc.)
- Promote-from-within culture – opportunity to grow into leadership positions
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Free Holy Cross Urgent Care Clinic for associates and their domestic partners in Tamarac
- 401k with employer match
- Two weeks Paid Vacation
- Holiday pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Associate discounts on purchases in our showrooms
- Plus, several discounts throughout the community…gyms, cell phones, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, auto, and many more
The ideal candidate is looking for a company to build a career. City Furniture continues to be recognized as one of the top furniture companies in South Florida and in the top 30 nationwide. With planned growth over the next several years, the City Furniture team is excited about the future. Join our fun, family-spirited team to build a long-lasting career at a company that will continue to challenge, develop, and appreciate its Associates.
- Payable after 60 days of active employment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays)
- Must be comfortable using a stock picker and comfortable with heights
- Previous overnight warehouse/distribution center experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of barcoding, scanning, labels, etc.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
- Ability to lift 75+ pounds
A Typical Day:
- Pulls product for the company’s delivery/pick up orders
- Stages product in accurate zones in the warehouse utilizing proper equipment and material-handling techniques to minimize product damages
- Examines product for damages; documents reasons for damages; notifies Operations Supervisor
- Verifies SKU’s and product information to ensure bar code accuracy and reduce inventory variances
- Rewraps products and puts away product in appropriate warehouse locations
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area and the warehouse overall
- Works well with Associates in all departments
- Assists with on-the-job training for new Associates
- Completes other duties as assigned